Copyright © 2023 Albuquerque Journal
For those who had been hoping to order an on-site leisure car house for the 2023 Albuquerque Worldwide Balloon Fiesta, then you definitely’re a day late and a greenback quick, because the saying goes.
The web site to order certainly one of 1,785 areas opened at 9 a.m. sharp on Wednesday, and 70 minutes later a file was set as all areas had been gone and a ready record was activated. The web site obtained 2.5 million requests per second involving 60,436 completely different customers, in response to Staylist, the fiesta’s RV reservation vendor and a sponsor.
The rationale for the heavy visitors was as a result of individuals had been attempting to assert a spot by going surfing with a number of units and with a number of people from the identical IP (Web Protocol) handle, stated fiesta spokeswoman Amanda Molina.
Whereas competitors for RV areas (together with 11 for tent tenting) on the seven in a single day websites round Balloon Fiesta Park has at all times been stiff, it has gotten extra intense lately because the fiesta transitioned from a mix of on-line and mail-in reservations to on-line solely, Molina stated. This yr was the quickest but that reservation areas had been grabbed. In years previous, reaching the reserving restrict averaged about two hours, she stated.
The 2023 fiesta will likely be held Oct. 7-15, and a minimal three-day rental is required, though the typical variety of days for which an area is booked is six, Molina stated. Practically half of all of the areas – 885 of them – have been reserved for the whole thing of the nine-day occasion, together with those that arrange early and reserved an area for as much as 14 days.
Relying on the situation and facilities on the in a single day areas, reservations value from $50 to $250 an evening, she stated.
After all, there are different locations the place RV areas could be rented, although not so conveniently positioned adjoining to Balloon Fiesta Park. Many of those RV parks additionally get booked shortly for Balloon Fiesta, some don’t open reservations till later within the yr, and others don’t take reservations, working on a first-come, first-served foundation. Among the many decisions are:
• Expo New Mexico, 300 San Pedro NE, 505-222-9715
• Isleta Lakes & RV Park, 4051 Freeway 47 SE, 505-244-8102
• Route 66 RV Resort, Exit 140 off Interstate 40, 505-352-8000
• American RV Resort, 13500 Central SW, 505-831-3545
• Excessive Desert RV Park, 13000 Frontage Highway SW, 505-839-9035
• Enchanted Trails RV Park & Buying and selling Publish, 14305 Central Ave NW, 505-831-6317
• Coronado Village RV Park, 8401 Pan American Freeway NE, 505-823-2515
• Balloon View RV Park, 500 Tyler Highway NE, 505-345-3716
• Albuquerque Central KOA, 12400 Skyline NE, 800-562-7781
• Albuquerque North KOA, 555 S. Hill Highway, Bernalillo, 505-867-5227
• Coronado Campground, 106 Kuaua Highway, Bernalillo, 505-980-8256
• Stagecoach Cease RV Resort, 3650 Freeway 528, Rio Rancho, 505-867-1000
Leave a Reply